Thursday, January 7, 2010

Big Boy Milestones

Yesterday was a big day for Parker. He is becoming such a big boy and it kinda makes me sad! But he could not be more fun!!

Yesterday, Dennis and I decided to convert Parker's crib to a big boy bed. I have been putting it off for a while because I just cant believe he is old enough for this!! He wasnt crawling out of his crib or anything. He was just getting too big for it.

When Parker got home from school he was so excited about his new bed!! After he saw it, he kept saying "night-night". I didnt let him play in too much before going to dinner because I didnt want him to get the wrong idea about this new big bed! It is not a place to be is a place to sleep! Im not mean, I just want this to be an easy transition for him.

That night we went out to eat with my family for Dennis' birthday. Before we left the house, Parker had to go say goodbye to his bed. He said "bye bye bed!!"

At dinner Parker sat in a booster seat for the first time. He usually sits in a highchair at a restaurant. He did soooo good!! He is getting so big!

When we got home, I got Parker ready for bed and he was so excited about going to his new bed!!

I made it as much like his crib as I could. No comforter, the blanket he used in his crib, and I kept the bumper on the headboard because he loves to cuddle up next to the bumpers. We dont have a bed skirt or a cute sheet on the bed yet, so it looks pretty boring. The bed ended up being really tall!!! so, that made me kinda nervous.

so excited!

Doesnt he look so tiny?!!

Praise. the. Lord. for video monitors!!! We watched him crawl around and explore his new bed for abour 30 minutes when we first put him down. I was watching so closely, because I didnt want him to fall off through the holes and I didnt want him to stand up!! He didnt do any of those things and fell right to sleep (once he was through exploring!!). So, of course, I didnt sleep much last night. I was just worried about him!! I would wake up every little bit and look at the monitor and he would be sound asleep. At 2:00 a.m. I heard a loud cry. I looked at the monitor and he wasnt in his bed!!!! I freaked out and ran in there!! Parker was sitting in his floor crying. I checked him over and he was fine. I think he woke up disoriented and tried to climb out. Since the bed is so tall, he probably fell right when he touched the floor. He was fine and now I know that he can get down without hurting himself. After that he went straight back to sleep and slept until 8:30!! I am just so proud of my little man!

Parker has also started eating his snack at our kitchen counter! I cant believe that the highchair may not be in a lives very much longer!
I just wanted to share with yall a few of the new things going on in our lives. Parker is becoming a little man....I just want him to be my little baby forever!
Hope everyone has a great night.
Going to watch the BCS championship game....I will be cheering on the SEC.